Charleston Crawl Space Repair Company
Crawl space damage can occur when humidity levels are high or when water enters this area. Persistent moisture in your crawl space can cause wood rot, which can cause serious damage to floor joists, beams, and other wooden components of your crawl space. When left unattended, crawl space damage can cause serious foundation issues. If you notice symptoms of crawl space damage in your Charleston home, including uneven floors, mold growth, or musty odors, reach out to our crawl space repair company right away to schedule a free inspection. Addressing crawl space damage promptly will protect your home from more extensive and costly damage.
Uneven Floors and Mold in Your Charleston Home Are Symptoms of Crawl Space Damage
Understanding the symptoms of crawl space damage and what causes these symptoms will help you recognize and address issues with your crawl space before the damage becomes worse.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of crawl space damage:
- Uneven floors on the lower level of your home can be caused when floor joists and beams become damaged and can no longer support the structure above.
- Gaps between the floor and the wall may appear when the foundation is shifting or the crawl space support system is failing.
- Sticking windows and doors are often early signs of foundation trouble. They may be indications of foundation settlement and crawl space damage.
- Moisture is the most prevalent cause of crawl space damage because moisture and humidity can damage floor joists and beams, whether they’re made of wood or metal. Too much moisture in your crawl space is evident when moisture levels inside your home rise, you notice your energy bills increase, or you notice a musty odor.
- When water pools in your crawl space and doesn’t evaporate, it creates an environment where mold can thrive. Mold growth will cause a musty odor inside your home and can lead to poor indoor air quality.
- If you’ve noticed an increase in pest activity within your home, they could be thriving in the dark, moist environment beneath your home.
If you notice any of these common symptoms of crawl space damage, reach out to our Charleston crawl space repair company right away to schedule a free inspection and estimate.
Our Crawl Space Repair Solutions
At United Structural Systems, we specialize in identifying crawl space damage and providing effective crawl space repair solutions in Charleston. Our comprehensive solutions are designed to protect your crawl space from water intrusion and water damage and may include:
- Crawl space encapsulation
- Vapor barriers
- Sump pumps and backups
- Waterproofing methods
- Replacement of damaged wood
- Pier systems
Contact USS for Crawl Space Repair in Charleston
Whatever the underlying cause of your crawl space damage, our experts will locate the problem and recommend appropriate repair and waterproofing solutions. Reach out to our Charleston crawl space repair company now to request your free inspection and estimate!